Restaurant "Apolonia" is situ ated in "Old Town of Plovdiv" a historic landmarks district with special rules and regu lations for zoning protection. The scope of work was resto ration and adaptive reuse of a historic building that has been heavily mutilated in the 1950-ies for a new street regulation. The original house was built in the 1860-ies as a private man sion. The project restores the original massing and volume of the building, preserving most of the original details. The new program is for a hi-profile, full-kitchen restaurant. The building was dismantled and rebuilt with concrete structural system. The original elements, found to be in good shape are restored in their original places. A new landscape design has been developed for the yard, consistent with its new function as a “spring to fall” garden for the restaurant and open stage for summer per formances. Shortly after its official inauguration Apolonia became one of the most popular restaurants in the Old Town of Plovdiv, famous for its historic setting along with its cuisine. It is a scene of many social events and hi-level political meetings. Among the guests that visited it were the French President Jacques Chirac and Germany's Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder.